[picapp align=”center” wrap=”false” link=”term=John+Wooden+ucla&iid=3048956″ src=”7/9/b/5/5b.JPG?adImageId=13103540&imageId=3048956″ width=”234″ height=”352″ /]
Today John Wooden passed away at the age of 99. Wooden was not only arguably the best basketball coach ever, but he was also extremely well known for what a great guy he was off the court.
When he graduated grammar school his father gave him this “Seven Point Creed”:
- Be true to yourself.
- Make each day your masterpiece.
- Help others.
- Drink deeply from good books, especially the Bible.
- Make friendships a fine art.
- Build a shelter against a rainy day.
- Pray for guidance and give thanks for your blessings every day.
It has always sounded like wonderful advice to me.
Here is a link to a great article on a great man, John Wooden.